Sunday, July 1, 2007

Songs take you places

it's crazy how some songs vividly remind u of a certain time / place / person. u hear a song playing and your thoughts automatically travel to that point of time in the past. or that person. or that particular moment.

in my case these are some of the songs which bring back memories, and they always will - my perogative, yesterday (boyz II men version), should i stay or should i go, joker (steve miller), have u ever really loved a woman, 10 years gone, that's amore (dean martin), glorious...

which song whisks you back into the past ?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Red Red Wine by UB40 -- this one really takes me back.

Anonymous said...

November rain - back to 92 ,Glory Days

Zed said...

Don't Speak - No Doubt

Anonymous said...

Amanda by Boston - Brings back memories of my first relationship

Anonymous said...

Interestengly enough Don't speak by no doubt does take me back to the days of the invasion
not the best memory but it actualy does

Joud said...

n.:that's a great song - reminds me of a summer in lebanon

grey: classic

zed: no doubt rocks

anonymous: good memories i hope

vinnie: which invasion ? dont speak is from 95-96

Anonymous said...

Am glad u mentioned that, coz it gives me vivid images on the invasion and I was wondering when the song was released
The association happened somehow, but we're not here to discuss my memories so cheers

Joud said...

vinnie: glad to have salvaged don't speak for u :)

for all u know it could've been playing in the background when u were having a heated dicussion about the invasion 1 day...